Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki Carry DD51 F6A 91-97 model. How bad does this look to you and what's your guess? First oicture is the oil leak and the second is the transmission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the guidance. I searched and found more info. I removed the tree 10mm bolts and based on the buildup its highly likely that it's the culprit. I cleaned that area well and am ordering the gasket needed today.

Also went ahead and drained the oil first and will change out the oil filter, air filter, rear shocks and will upgrade to 275# front springs. Would like to replace the struts but don't want to spend $480 US for that part.

Read a lot over the weekend and like the forum. Thanks for all the input and helpful threads!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay pulled the distributor and the o ring was brittle and sunken into the recessed area and could not have been contacting the back of the motor. I found another threa that referred to Napa part so I'll pick that up tomorrow.

My spark plugs got here today and this is what they looked like. Guess I should have pulled them and then I would have ordered the valve cover gasket but now I'll get to wait another week. :eek:

I guess since they won't get the order till Monday I'll check the thermostat and water pump. This things been used pretty hard with apparently little maintenance so it may need more work than I hoped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts