Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the old tank out with little issue. However when I compared it to the new one from JC Whitney that is "guaranteed to fit" it's a bit different.

Notice the lack of one connection. This connection runs from the tank and then turns into a hardline that goes towards the front of the vehicle. Without a lot of tracing it's hard to tell where it goes exactly.

So did they send me the wrong tank? (There were no options to choose from like carb vs f/i) What is this second smaller line for?

A secondary question, what is this bottle for? It comes from the vent line from the tank and the bottle is mounted near the filler nozzle on the inside of the truck. The exit line then runs towards the engine as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am not an expert but just had mine out and cleaned and reinstaled it. the missing line i think you will find is the fuel return line from the engine. and the bottle i think is the filter. my filter was on the inside frame just infront of the tank. and looks a little different but still just a plastic bottle. you didnt state but mine is an 87 samurai

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got the old tank out with little issue. However when I compared it to the new one from JC Whitney that is "guaranteed to fit" it's a bit different.

Notice the lack of one connection. This connection runs from the tank and then turns into a hardline that goes towards the front of the vehicle. Without a lot of tracing it's hard to tell where it goes exactly.

So did they send me the wrong tank? (There were no options to choose from like carb vs f/i) What is this second smaller line for?

A secondary question, what is this bottle for? It comes from the vent line from the tank and the bottle is mounted near the filler nozzle on the inside of the truck. The exit line then runs towards the engine as well.

the line that is missing is just the vent for the evap canister in engine bay, no problem... you dont need that, bypass it.

the little plastic bottle holds fumes, part of evap canister system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts