Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked my 1st Aerio today. Loads of room for me (6'1") my family, and to haul equipment (I'm a professional musician - drums & vocals). Great car, but:
Driving it around today, several times the gas pedal got stuck while letting out the clutch. Happened once in reverse and about a half dozen times starting out in 1st gear - no problem with any other gears. As I let out the clutch and press the gas pedal, it hangs up and doesn't want to go down. I push harder and it frees up - with a resulting jolt from getting too much gas. One time it just stalled cause I didn't press hard enough to free it up.

I'm going to try to get the used car dealer I got it from to check it out, but as it only happened a half dozen times in almost 2 hours of driving around town, odds are they might not be able to reproduce it on a few tries.

Any suggestions on what it might be?

·
Registered
54 Posts
this may sound stupid but sometimes the rug or floor mat gets jammed against moving parts I haven't seen that on my Suzuki but other cars I have had. Good luck with that I wouldn't feel very safe if I couldn't get it fixed right away.
Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion Jay. It was the first thing I checked. The pedal isn't close to the carpet or anything else to catch on. I try depressing it before I even start the car to see if it's sticking and it works smoothly. Only seems to happen when I'm letting out the clutch (in 1st gear) while pressing down on the gas. The gas pedal just kinda hangs up for a moment and won't let go unless I press harder than otherwise needed. Do that and when it gets past the glitch and you pop into gear pretty hard cause it's getting too much gas.

I have noticed more often than not, it happens the first time I put it in gear after starting the car. Been driving the car 3 days now, it's done it about a dozen times, and it seems to be doing it less. I am going to where I bought it to have it checked today. But, as it usually doesn't stick, odds are they'll say they can't find anything wrong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You may have them check the motor mounts, if the motor lifts when under load it can pull on the cable not sure about your particular car but it's worth a look while the dealer has it.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
try pulling at the the throttle cable right at the throttle body.
it sounds to me like the throttle valve is sticking inside the body.
you may need to remove the throttle body and clean out all the carbon with some throttle cleaner and toothbrush..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts