Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure the diaphram in my fuel pump is shot as i'm getting alot of gas into the engines crankcase.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm thinking about switching to an electric fuel pump as I cannot find parts for this one here in Canada... has anyone done this? If so what pump did you use?

Gordon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is I can't locate a mechanical pump for it.

There is one on Ebay in Australia but it'll be $120 CDN... I can get an electric for $60 locally.

·
Registered
192 Posts
check fuel pump AND carb... and change that oil before you do anything else, at least twice.
if carb- fuel going past rings...
the pump sounds bad, but hows the carb?.
I just got a off the shelf Purolator, bolt it to the frame, simple, everyone sells them, pump.
It costs all of $35 us.
A bonus is you can hide the switch for it under the dash...

thanks,
george

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carb was just rebuilt 2 days ago and was tested for 6psi pop off pressure, i pulled the pump apart and found a 1/4" tear in the diaphram which i believe is the cause of my issues. The fuel pump hole appears to go down the back side of the engine as an oil drain down point.

Here in Canada we get ripped off on electric fuel pumps... cheapest one i can find is $60 and thats a low pressure Mr.Gasket unit 1.5-4psi with internal regulator.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a bad diaphram a few years back and I went to my local Suzi dealer and he just ordered me a new pump from Suzi Toronto.
I tried the local Suzi dealer and they have no listings for this old girl at all other then the spark plugs. You don't by chance know who you dealt with do you?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Some of the bigger North American vendors supply Samurai Parts. Hawk's Strictly Suzuki comes to mind...

888-SAMURAI

I hope that this helps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts