Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a refill last night. Was close to "E" but it only took 11 gallons. Shows as "F" and I drove 30 miles since the fillup and it's still on "F", which is common for about 50 miles before the needle starts to move.

So how much play do Reno owners have on "E"? One of the reasons I'm noting this is that online you read a lot of Reno reviews and one of the cons is poor gas mileage. I averaged 30+ mpg based on my miles driven and gallons refilled last night. I do a lot of highway so that seems accurate. I'm wondering if people are refilling prematurely because of the poor/inaccurate gas gauge.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
thats a good question. i was wondering that myself...i was also thinking about getting an aftermarket tank so i could hold a total of 20-25 gallons so i'd only have to fill up once every two weeks...the thing with that is, i dont know if they have gauges for those fuel cells or not...

this way, i could use an aftermarket fuel pump, return lines, and a FPR

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
There's lots of times I should have ran out of gas... but I won't go more than 30miles once the empty light comes on and that still scares me. There's been lots of times I've gotten 14 gallons in the tank, 14.2 a few times which is really strange considiering our tank is supposed to be 13.5 gallons

this way, i could use an aftermarket fuel pump, return lines, and a FPR
but you can anyway... ??

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
i think in the owners manual it says the tank in the reno is 14g... when you fill up a gas tank the reading is never acuratly the float system they use to measure it sits to high in the tank it only starts to read acuratly once some of the gas is used and frees up the float

·
Registered
418 Posts
one time i put 15gallons in my reno

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a forenza but, I know from experience of being a broke ass dude you can drive for a while on E but, but this is bad on your car..

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just hear it can junk your tank, or say your real low and your getting "fuel starvation" say there is a couple split seconds of very little fuel getting the the engine.. I mean it cant be good, but then again Im no pro on that and this is all just hear say..

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
How so? D:
It's bad for the fuel pump to run dry but it's also bad for not having much fuel around it becuase it helps keep it cool.

As for the engine it can't be a good thing if you actually run out of gas but I don't know about being low. I would think that untill fuel is completly gone the fuel pump would push fuel consistently because usually it can supply much more fuel/pressure than the injectors/engine will use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry to revive an old thread but had to fill my tank today. my 05 forenza took 13.513 US gallons to fill up completely with the fuel light on today. also i might be wrong but the sensor is probably on the drivers side of the car. i figure this because before i had to fill up on the way home from work i took the interchange at 90 mph making a hard left and fuel light started to come on, more like it started to slowly light up till it was lit, but as i came out of the the turn it faded back out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts