Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have done the g16a swap into my sj70 and I have a issue with getting spark. I have replace coil made sure there are good contact on the wires and points has anyone run into any issues like that when they did a g16a swap

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
First - are you using EFI or a carburettor?
Second - is your G16a 8 valve or 16 valve (yes, there are 16 valve G16a engines)?
Third - where are you checking for spark? At the plug leads or at the coil tower? If you haven't checked at the coil tower, check there and confirm whether or not you get a spark there.
Fourth - what "points" are you referring to?

Assuming you're not getting a spark at the coil tower, ensure that you have +12V at the coil positive terminal and then again at the coil negative terminal - if you're not getting this you need to find out why and fix it - if you are getting it, chances are the ignitor in the distributor (assuming a stand alone distributor) may have failed.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
From what I can see it looks correct. I see its the 8v so assume your going the easy route with a carb (that's what I would do). Appears just the same set up as was on my SJ413.
Rectangle Font Parallel Auto part Drawing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First - are you using EFI or a carburettor?
Second - is your G16a 8 valve or 16 valve (yes, there are 16 valve G16a engines)?
Third - where are you checking for spark? At the plug leads or at the coil tower? If you haven't checked at the coil tower, check there and confirm whether or not you get a spark there.
Fourth - what "points" are you referring to?

Assuming you're not getting a spark at the coil tower, ensure that you have +12V at the coil positive terminal and then again at the coil negative terminal - if you're not getting this you need to find out why and fix it - if you are getting it, chances are the ignitor in the distributor (assuming a stand alone distributor) may have failed.
I am getting 12v to the dizzy but when I turn the motor over I am not getting much power to the dizzy it is still 12v. Which I assume it would be cause of the signal rotor or the generator that that signal rotor touch’s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts