Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1999 jimny ceased its G13bb engine this week and as it was my first car im too fond to part with it!
im looking at a simple conversion wondering if an M13A or any other non vvt engine..... or pretty much if anyone knows what i should be looking at to put in there?! because finding any of my original engine here is Aus without having to do a complete rehaul myself is impossible!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The M13 engine is a complex swap, the trans won't match up and the wiring harness will need replacing. The G16B Baleno or GV engine is a relatively simple swap requiring similar mods to a G16 into a Samurai. Try asking on auszookers.com if anyone has a G13BB for sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers

Thanks for your help :)
Unfortunately looks like the chances of getting one are slim...
Will keep looking though!!!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
There were other vehicles fitted with that engine, the baleno, Swift and WagonR as well as the Carry all had the G13BB at various times but there are some differenced between those engines and the Jimny engine. Its possible to swap bits around but that would depend on what is wrong with your original engine. The G16B conversion isn't too difficult either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm i will have to see which option is in the end worth while.
my engine has completely ceased and other than paying a few grand in the mechanics for a total patch-job im thinking complete swap. I think the G13b is the simplest option but again a bit of shuffling to fit.
In the end I just need it running so I can sell it as now im upgrading to a more recent model!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts