Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was stalling all day today, Both cold running and hot running.
When I got home I checked everything, And was about to call a tow truck to take it to Suzuki. But I first had to change the oil, "I was 5k over". I jacked the car up and saw that I was leaking oil!. It was the oil filter, My guess is that it was from when I hit the guy who pulled out in front of me. I had 1 quart of the oldest and darkest oil i have ever seen. So I changed the oil and started it to run it through the system. BAM, No more stalling.... So low oil may cause stalling in the Reno and Forenza.....

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Zipper said:
Interesting, but I don't see why
I know that in general engines will perform worse with old dirty oil, than fresh clean oil. So my guess would be that the pistons and have you where moving slower than normal causeing the engine to stall. That is just my guess.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i thought too. I just never have it happen woth out the knocking first.

jurupa said:
I know that in general engines will perform worse with old dirty oil, than fresh clean oil. So my guess would be that the pistons and have you where moving slower than normal causeing the engine to stall. That is just my guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts