Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Everytime I plug either a charger or anything else into the cigarette lighter plug of my Alto SZ4 the fuse blows and the radio stops working.

Does anyone know how to cure this issue or add some workaround so the fuse does not keep blowing.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have no experience with the Alto, but as it blows when you plug in regardless of the load of the appliance, I would assume it's the socket shorting out somehow.
Do you have a multimeter ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have a multimeter...
Can you advise how I should connect it and what I need to look out for.

Thanks for reply

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Assuming there is a connector on the back, I would disconnect it. Put the multimeter on continuity/ohms across the 2 wires on the back of the socket and use an old plug (I seem to have loads!!) with no wires and plug that into it. The meter reading should not change indicating open circuit.
Has it also got the correct fuse size supplying it.
I assume your not trying to use an appliance that's using more current than the socket is rated for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Thanks.
I will try that.
The appliance is rated at 1w and the fuse indicating on the plug is 15amps.

I dont think it is more than the socket rating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dudleydo. I have just tried another charger thats 1000ma in the cigarette lighter and it works ok. Although I have not tried what you suggested yet but I do suspect that the item that I would like to work in the cigarette lighter is somehow changed because it did work initially and now does not work.

Is there anything I can do to the FM transmitter to make it work in the cigarette lighter socket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts