Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many rough miles/years on my 2002 2.0 M/T Chevy Tracker, it was time to rebuild... well... everything. The engine still runs but smokes, the transmission leaks, the front differential went out sometime last fall and my rear diff started sounding like a meat grinder. Luckily, I found an entire drivetrain, frame and all, from a 2003 2.5L Automatic that had been rolled. The body was pretty crunched but all the underneath goodies looked perfect. It started and drove fine, once you pried open the door. It’s even low miles at 57K. So I thought as long as I painstakingly remove all the wiring harness and ECU this would be an easy swap. Just set my body on the new chassis, fish the plugs back through the firewall and plug in the ECU. This has NOT turned out to be the easy swap I thought it was going to be. I mean the body was easy enough. But there are a couple of significant differences between the two harnesses. The first thing to overcome was getting signal to the solenoid. I traced the wire back from the solenoid to a three pronged plug near the under hood fuse block. I have a 2003 2.0L auto handy for reference but this must be specific to the 2.5. No problem, I just jumped the signal from the wire in the dash bundle as it exited the firewall. Next was the fuel pump. My 2002 body harness has one less wire going to the fuel cutoff switch than the 2003 chassis. No problem, I just hot-wired the fuel pump relay. (Don’t worry, this is just a temporary solution). It cranks, it has fuel to the rail, but the injectors still won’t open up. I know that little three prong plug has something to do with it, but the donor body is long gone and I don’t even know what I’m shopping for. As I was closing up shop for the evening, I realized I also don’t have the IAT. No provision for that on my harness. Is that also a part of this naked plug??
74B80D5C-4866-48F0-922B-235FCB0E3E35.jpeg
921B2FF4-A48D-4064-8FDB-BE69F4DC3758.jpeg FCB9B423-CF6A-4980-A683-43F4AD27FD09.jpeg E71F0FDE-1EFC-459D-B864-B07AF176DC12.jpeg FFDF6761-7C76-4D81-96E1-8C01B1C6B5A3.jpeg 83B4AB45-BCAE-4CF2-89DD-35200B396DC4.jpeg 2F3D7318-52A7-4A0E-B637-23D9F957B720.jpeg 0A08B463-30FE-4F3A-BF44-89B8A4EFA86A.jpeg

·
Registered
644 Posts
Kudos for making this attempt. I don't know the answer to your question. But rather than hot wiring your vital components, wouldn't you be further ahead by swapping out the entire harness? I know it's a tough job, but in the end I'd bet it would be easier than facing all the gremlins you're going to face using this approach.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Obviously none of you read the thread carefully. Yes, I have the entire engine and transmission wiring harness and ECU for the 2.5 Auto Chassis. No, I’m not trying to just splice it into the existing wiring harness. The only part of the harness that seems to be missing is whatever the three prong plug next to the under hood fuse block goes to and apparently it includes the solenoid lead and IAT plug. The only other item on my list is the body harness that goes to the fuel pump and cutoff switch is one wire short on my body. If you have a 2.5 all I need is a picture of what that plug (shown in my pictures) goes to. Thanks for READING.

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
Post a picture showing the other side of the connector - the wire colors are what will help us help you.

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
At some point you guys are going to start noticing your posts have been deleted - keep them on topic & helpful and I will leave them - any hint of drama or angst and I will delete them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts