Suzuki Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
but wheres the fun in slapping on something else? Learning by repairing your own one is much more fun. I resort to swapsies only when I prove the unit is serviceable The 3K carbs are a nice unit, but most will require rejetting if fitting to a 'sami.

No rejet necessary on mine and also according to Certified Machine. Will find out on my boy's this weekend as it just arrived in the mail. Also, I live in Montana at 6000ft elevation my favorite fishing spot is at 10,000ft. If a rejet were required, I'd know!

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Ok the latest is, it starts after turning over longer then it should be. 4-6 seconds. If I have my foot on the gas pedal, I can keep it running as long as I keep the rpms up. Took it for 4 mile run and got back to the farm. Thought a good run would clear things up if that was the problem. As soon as I took foot of pedal it stalled. Wouldn’t start. Turned over constantly for 15-20 seconds and would t start. Took cover off carb and gave a squirt of fuel. Turned over and started. Ran again until I took foot off throttle. Any suggestions?

I would be investigating the low speed jet for restriction, that would be open and clean...

after checking the low speed jet, investigate the whole low speed idle circuit, this may require a strip down and a soak in a bucket of carb cleaner, those passages in the carb are small.

That is when the engine is cold. Once warmed up it won’t start without a manual shot of fuel.
slow running / idle circuit is clogged, or restricted. Cold starts are different as choke plate makes it pull fuel from main jet circuit while idle is high. As idle drops it comes back down onto the idle circuit and if thats blocked it will stall or stop running.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
I think the choke is not opening when engine is warm therefore engine dies as if to put a choke on lawnmower engine to stop it from running. Thanks for all the comebacks people. We’ll have it running like it used to. Sooner or later. Hopefully sooner than later ? ?

if the choke wasn't coming off it would flood and revs wouldn't drop.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.