Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title. Turned and wouldn’t start. Squirt fuel in Carb at it ran but only with squirts. Took line off to carb and no fuel pumped. Went to filter and changed because it was blocked. Turned over and fuel pissing out line before carb. Did line up to carb and turned over. Wouldn’t start. Squirted fuel and started and would run as long as I was squirting fuel. Don’t know how the electrical works if there is no power opening up the fuel to carb. If you know please explain what may be wrong. Thanks in advance!! Joe

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
first of all, what year, model and engine, is it actually carbed? or fuel injection?

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
It’s in the title. Carb. 1988 1/2 Suzuki Samurai
ok, was just confirming it was actually carbed.
It sounds like the float needle is stuck closed in the carb not allowing fuel into the float bowl, hence the no start and only running when you squirt fuel down the carb manually.

Disassemble and clean time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any electrical valve or anything like that. There is a bunch of wires. Thought maybe that was the problem. I will check float though.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Is there any electrical valve or anything like that. There is a bunch of wires. Thought maybe that was the problem. I will check float though.
Hmmm! a bunch of wires! maybe a picture would be in order, Throttle body fuel injection looks like a carb....

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Hmmm! a bunch of wires! maybe a picture would be in order, Throttle body fuel injection looks like a carb....
which was why i asked if it was carbed.......the single point injections look like a carb, but aren't.

I agree, a picture would be a great start.

if its the anti diesel solenoid thats faulty, car will crank and try to start then stop immediately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll snap a pic for you. Maybe that is why it’s hassling me when trying to fix it. It isn’t starting at all by itself so I don’t think that’s the problem. Thanks for reading and all your thoughts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts