Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if any of you have had this problem. when starting my zuki in the morning, i usually have to turn the key to the ON position and leave it there for at least one to two minutes until the Fuel pump kicks in. You can here a clicking sound near the fuel tank. (BTW i have a 660 fuel injected rear mounted engine) If i try to start it before the fuel pump kicks in it won't start at all. Anyway after i start it, it runs fine and after it warms up, if i turn it off, i don't have to wait anymore to start it again. Other than that my engine runs fine, its just a little annoying to have to wait. Thanks in advance :)

·
Super Moderator
4,435 Posts
Im thinking that you are losing your prime from the pump overnight.. Mt Father had a new Toyota pick up years ago that did this and it was a defective one way valve that allowed the fuel to drain back overnight losing the pumps prime..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Anyway thats what i was thinking too. I think on our zukis the one way and the fuel pump are built together and are both submerged in the fuel tank itself. At least that is what i assume. (hehe haven't actually seen it for myself yet). Just want to make sure first and get ideas before dismantling the whole thing. kind of a hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts