Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 vitara with a v6 h25a. I had a bit of issues with crossed wired due to the battery tray shaving part of the harness witch resulted in head lights staying on even if the switch in off position.. So I would have to disconnect my battery every time I parked. One night driving the car jus shut off, i smelled a hint of electrical burn so I disconnected the battery asap. Had the car towed home and found the an area on the harness behind the battery that had arced tother from the wires being shaved. Repaired the harness wires but now I hear nothing from the pump. I removed the pump and checked it directly with a hot wire and it runs but when I plug it up I hear nothing... Any advice guys HELP IS NEEDED
THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
Ever heard "a stich in time saves nine", attending tp the original problem immediately might have saved you some headaches.

What is your experience with auto-electricals like? My guess is you missed a broken/burned/shaved wire - OR - when the battery tray shaved the wire there was a short to ground that took out a fuse or relay or caused a wire to burn.

You should be able to find the wiring diagrams using the link above - start at the fuel pump connector, and using a meter whether or not you have power to the connector, if you don't, work your way forward to the fuel pump relay, and then the main relay.

Let me ask you this question - does the check engine light turn on when you turn the ignition on? If not, check the FI fuse it's under the bonnet/hood, and the feed from that to the ECU is a part of that harness that runs past the battery tray.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol yes I have brother but I have. Been looking and testing for this issue for nine months bro. I checked all fuses and yes I have engine light when Ignition is on I checked all relays as well and I check for power coming to all relay contacts as well. I went as far to check for power at injectors, coils and continuity on pump. I guess I'll check back the wires all the way. Will keep you posted thanks again

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
Remember, there has to be a complete circuit for current to flow, you can have power to the pump and it will not run if there is no "return" or in this case a ground - that's why I'm suggesting you check with a meter, if you're not up to scratch with the electrical aspects of troubleshooting, get help from someone who is.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ryan, this is a simplified diagram of the fuel pump circuit.
Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel Technical drawing

With your finger on the fuel pump relay, turn the key to ON. You should feel a click. Three seconds later you should feel a second click. Report your results.

Gesture Font Pattern Art Circle

The fuel pump relay is on the junction block under the dash. The main relay is directly above the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,517 Posts
But, be aware a clicking relay does not mean a good connecting relay...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts