Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2002 AerioSX 5 speed purchased just over a month ago. It has about 73,000 miles on it (not bad for an 8 year old car). A couple of weeks ago we had a full tank of gas and went out to eat. When we got to the car to leave, it wouldn't start... the engine would crank, all the lights worked, and a guy in the parking lot had a computer reader that said there was no problem. We started checking fuses and relays...no change. We tried pounding on the gas tank (maybe the pump was stuck?)... no change. Checked relays again (even tapped on them a bit)...no change. Then, we checked the fuel lines... no fuel pressure. Just before we called the tow truck we tried to start it again and it fired right up... We figured that we knocked something back into place.

Fast forward to 3 days ago... My fiance drives the car to the store and the same thing happens again. We tried all of the previous things... no change. So we tow it home drop the tank and check voltage at the positive input for the pump... 12V for 3 seconds with no noise coming from the pump. Figured it needed a new pump. Change the pump and still the same problem!!! Threw a few nasty words around... didn't help the problem :-(

Now I checked the ground for the pump and there is no continuity! (probably should have done that $135 ago) I put a jumper from the ground wire on the pump directly to the chassis and the new pump works just fine!!! Looking at the car, it doesn't look like a rust bucket... it was probably garage kept and the underside is pretty clean (except for a bit of road dust) so I don't think corrosion is an issue. Also, I saw on other posts that the ground on the transmission can be an issue... checked it... it's clean and solid. All of the relays look great and all of the relay panel connections look solid.

Does anyone have a schematic that shows the ground for the fuel pump? Or does anyone know if the ground goes to the computer? I would rather not tear the interior appart chasing the ground, so I was thinking I would just run a new ground directly to the chassis and weather proof it and be done with the whole issue. But if the ground goes to the computer, I don't know if that will cause a problem.

Any tips, secrets, or how-to's would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello,

Did you get the fuel pump (ground) - issue problem solved.?

Let us know.?

Thanks!

Have a nice day/evening,

God Bless,
Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts