Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 97 Geo Tracker 4WD Automatic 1.6liter that developed a fuel leak behind the motor.
I traced the leak to a part that I believe is the fuel pressure pulsation dampener.
It bolts onto the back of the fuel rail behind the motor.
I have tried all the local (Las Vegas) auto parts stores including RockAuto and nobody carries the part.
Are there any suzuki/tracker autoparts stores anywhere in the US that may carry this part for mail order?

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
4,435 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Ranger88den... there WERE two washers on the banjo bolt but I dropped the larger one into the abyss of my engine compartment. Still searching for it. THe actual dampener is supposed to have a screw in the end, but mine does not. It appears that the screw may have fallen out and therefore leaking fuel.
If I locate the washer I will attempt to put a screw in it and see if that works..

Larry

·
Super Moderator
19,086 Posts
the screw may have fallen out and therefore leaking fuel
If it did exist, it is no longer there as a tell-tail to operation. But if leaking fuel, the internal diaphragm is shot. :(

You should be able to source a new banjo seal/gasket at the Auto Parts Store. They are pretty common gizmos for brake, hydraulic and fuel systems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bex and Max... I will look into both of your responses..

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
If you don't have any luck, PM me. There's a 96 in the local boneyard with a low mileage (90K) 16v, unless the speedo, or cable, gave up the ghost, lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks. I appreciate that.. I had no luck with the Geo search so now I am trying for the Suzuki Vitara, same year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Max.. I saw that too.. I took that part number, the 97.00 one and called a local auto parts store and I was surprised that they said they could order it.
But, THe price was 20.00 more than RockAuto so I ordered it from RA.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
hi, why replace the fuel pressure...bolt vs just cap it off with a hardware store bolt?
While retrofitting a 16v cyl. head I noticed the pulse damper was missing the screw, so I looked thru my spare parts & current operable 16vs & 50% of them were missing this screw. I pulled an intact screw to match up for repairing others lacking the screw. I was able to find the necessary hardware at Lowes & rubber O-ring in a Harbor Freight kit:

1. Hillman M3 - .50 x 10 Metric phillips machine screw, part #127108
2. Hillman 3mm flat washer, part #127071
3. Storehouse metric o-ring 006/P3 from kit item #67580 (H.F.)

Use thread-locker on the screw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts