Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! If I wanted to install a fuel gauge on the end of my fuel rail; remove the plug, tap with 1/8" pipe thread, and screw this in, could I have it permanent? I have the shrader valve, just haven't installed it yet. My Tracker runs great, but after a day or two of not being started, takes a few seconds more than usual start. Just like to see what the fuel pressure is without having to hook up a pressure gauge every time.;)
This is just an example, I know this one in particular is not high enough pressure.
Holley 26 500 Mechanical Fuel Pressure Gauge | eBay

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ed!!!! So nice to have you back;) I forgot about vibration, guess I wouldn't want the fuel gauge doing a number and going down in flames:( Well, guess I'll just install that little shrader valve I've had sitting on my workbench for the past several months. I have seen cars/engines with little pressure gauges in the fuel lines, just thought it'd be handy just to "look" and see what the fuel pressure is at any given time.

As for my top? I know, it's kind of different, but in a good way. I've gotten used to it and like it. However, the back glass right behind my head, when the sun is shinning through that back glass on the back of my head, gets hot! Like an ant under a magnifying glass (a little extreme example mind you). A good thing, I can take the back part off and the window, and have a bimini top.

Sadly, I keep thinking I'm going to take my precious 6 y/o grand daughter around in the Tracker, but it's getting rare to see her:( Just trying to make memories with her, but alas~ she's so busy with curricular activities and weekend stuff, I'm lucky to Skype/facetime with her.
Perhaps next year or this upcoming summer, I'll look into the hard top like you have.
;) dne'

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I installed an Autometer fuel pressure gauge, which is a decent gauge, on my 16v a few years back and it failed. IMO, I'd just go with the Schrader valve for now.

FWIW, when having a starting problem on my 96 Metro, I installed a Tee into the rubber fuel inlet line and put in a Stewart-Warner electric gauge, in-cabin, which allowed me to monitor the fuel pressure and expose a sometimes marginal fuel pump.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts