Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fuel milage

Looks like fuel milage has settled in at 22 mpg. Don't think it's going to get much better than that. Engine has over 3K miles on it, should be broken-in. Tried running a couple of tanks with the VDC turned off to see if that would improve milage. It did not, although flat out acceleration seems to be better with VDC turned off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi lucky, my last tank I got a little better than 19, best yet. I also ran with VDC off, not sure if that's what brought the increase but plan on checking this tank to know for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fuel milage

Pretty good for all local driving. Actually you're supposed to use non-ethenol gas , it says so in the owners manual. The use of ethenol blended fuels can void your warrenty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pretty good for all local driving. Actually you're supposed to use non-ethenol gas , it says so in the owners manual. The use of ethenol blended fuels can void your warrenty.
Actually the owners manual says no such thing. It does say you should not use more that 10% Ethanol blend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am getting 17-18 in town and 20-22 on the highway .I have a 2011 4WD crew cab.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you folks calculate fuel economy? I have a 2011 4WD V6 without a fuel gauge indicator. I recently hit 275 miles before the E light came on but I can't determine how many reserve gallons are left once you hit that E mark.

·
Super Moderator
17,821 Posts
Fill it. Record the mileage. Drive it using most of the tank quantity. Fill it up again. Divide the gallons used into the miles driven.
That equates to your MPG's.

You can't go wrong. ;)

Welcome aboard too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you Max...but how do you determine the gallons used? I don't know how many gallons I've used once my indicator hits E since I can't find the reserve capacity listed anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
17,821 Posts
I'm not sure what portion of the equation you're missing. :huh:

If only concerned about the reserve amount, typically a vehicle's capacity there is 1-2 gallons.

BUT, you do not want to get that low as the fuel pump requires submergence to keep cool, is prone to lifting bottom sediment AND only works harder to "lift" fuel to the ultimate (engine proper) goal. In other words...constant minimal fuel in the tank can lead to early pump failure. ;)

http://www.aa1car.com/library/fuel_pump.htm

21 - 33 of 33 Posts