Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of mileage are you getting? I've a new 2010 equator that only getting a little over 13 miles to the gallon:( Is that about what everyone gets?. I was having a problem with my four-wheel drive and thought thats the reason for low mileage, now that's fixed and mileage still low.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What kind of mileage are you getting? I've a new 2010 equator that only getting a little over 13 miles to the gallon Is that about what everyone gets?. I was having a problem with my four-wheel drive and thought thats the reason for low mileage, now that's fixed and mileage still low. It is really amazing and outstanding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 4 x 2 Equator crew cab. The MSRP on it says 15 city 20 highway. The 4 x 4 I believe drops to 14 city and 19 highway. You are on the money. I get 14.6 city, dont know yet about highway, have not taken it on any long trips yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks cop, I am a little disappointed with the mileage but I really like the truck so I'll live with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Last tank I got 14.8 mpg... but that was mostly state roads between 35 to 55mph (not interstate highways), some stop signs/ lights in towns. There was some snow and I did use the 4x4 a few times..... So I didnt think that was horrable mpg.

I'll be doing a road trip next week - - I'll post my fuel mileage results as soon as I can.

~~~ 2011 Equator CrewCab 4x4 RMZ-4 (open bed soon to have a tonneau cover)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just filled up this morning, got 16.9 no four-wheeling, all highway miles. That's the best it's been in 3000 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get around 16 just around town which is a little better than the 15 it suggests. Mixed it's close to 18, and pushing twenty on the road cruising at a reasonable speed. My mpg monitor likes to say 22+ but from my calculations that's off a bit. Overall the mileage is what they say it is for my 2009 RMZ Sport. It currently has 19,000+ miles on it. Not my every day driver by any means. For that, it's my 2009SX4 Sport which is pushing 40,000 miles. 6 thousand of those were a cross country trip my dad and I took in fall 09.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem parttime. I've actually been to these forums before, but never signed up for an account. I am interested if anyone's chipped their Equator and how it affects warranty etc. I have heard someone did and it upped their mpg's and hp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd love to know more about that stuff, not the most mechanically inclined person, mostly because I didn't grow up around people who worked on cars/trucks. It was always just bring it to the shop when something went wrong. The warranty being voided is what my worry would be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Minor Upgrades with BIG results

I have an 09 Equator Crew Cab sport (not RMZ). I just recently installed a Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body Spacer (both by Airaid). I immediately saw a difference in power and fuel economy. I am now getting about 21.5mpg on highway and close to 18 in city.

Another worthwhile upgrade was replacing the stock 17" rims with lighter 17's.

Here is a picture with the new rims.

190.JPG

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fuel millage

I picked up my new 2011 Equator last week, I didn't check millage on the first tank, but on the second tank I got 21.5 mpg. I'm hoping it will inprove to >24 after engine break in. If I were getting only 13 mpg I'd be taking it back to the dealer and complaining loudly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fuel milage

Parttime, my truck is an extended cab sport model with 4 wheel drive, 4.0L V6 engine and 5 speed automatic transmission. Most of my driving is back and forth to work, 50 miles each way, no major highways, mostly 2 lane county back roads with a little stop and go city driving as well. My nephew got me interested in buying this truck; he has a 2011 equator RMZ model with 4 wheel drive, 4.0L engine and 5 speed automatic transmission. He claims to be getting 20 mpg with just local driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an increase of about 2 -2.5 mpg after the upgrades. I am currently trying to find an exhaust system that is a direct fit to further the output of the engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm glad to hear the Equator is now coming with a long bed. It also looks like the newer ones get better mpg? My 09 RMZ4 Sport Crew Cab with V6 4WD is starting to get near 20 on the road. That's what it got last year. The winter was brutal here in Northern Indiana/SW Michigan, so I always expect the mpg to go down during that time. Also it runs much smoother, neither my equator or 09 SX4 seem to do well in the winter, almost feels like I'm killing them at times, from the sounds of the engines. Overall it's getting what the sticker and websites said it would, so can't complain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gecko, I'm not sure what you are trying to do. By doing all these mods to increase the power from the Equator, you are just going to burn more fuel, not less. On my seventh tank of fuel, my Equator (completly stock) just got 22 mpg. I fully expect it to be getting >24mpg when the engine is fully broken in. I have seen this same kind of millage increase after engine breakin on other vehicles I have owned.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts