Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a 2006 Suzuki Forenza with the 2.0L engine. The car had been setting for about a year when I started working on it and had to have the cylinder head reworked at the mnachine shop. After installing the head and new gaskets, attempts to start the engine proved unsucessful. Found the ignition timing to be correct and spark to be adequate. Troubleshooting efforts resulted in finding the fuel injectors on #2 and #3 cylinders spraying escessive fuel into the cylinders. Nos. 1 and 4 seemed to be working OK. Removal of plugs 2 and 3 and spinning of the engine results in raw gasoline being ejected from the spark plug hole. When electrical power is removed from the fuel injectors (all four of them) and carb cleaner is sprayed into the air horn, the engine runs fine. Have also discovered that the engine runs ok with the MAS unplugged. However, it won't idle in this configuration. We have changed the camshaft position sensor, the injector control assembly and the MAS. A continuity check of the MAS connector in the harness reveals continuity to ground in the two outer connectors.

If anyone out there has ever experienced a symptom like this, your input would be greatly appreciated as I am about ready to start pulling my hair out and I don't have much left.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Never had the problem but from what you've described, it would appear 2 injectors are sticking. Have you done a fuel pressure test?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
how was the car running before you sent the head out? did it have any symptoms? are you sure everything was aligned at top dead center and at all the correct marks. do the injectors start dumping fuel right away or after a few turns of the motor? is the cam sensor good and connected? crank sensor? let us know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had low compression on 2 and 3 and a bleed over between cylinders. Head failed vacuum check at machine shop with no compression on two and three and one other cylinder weak. Timing marks were all aligned correctly. Cam sensor, injector control assemble and MAP sensor were all replaced.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi. dont know if this was fixed yet, sorry i havent had PC access because ive been packing and moving. if you figured it out what was going on? if not;
i dont mean what did you find i mean what are the symptoms? how was the car itself driving? any noises, poor acceleration, whatever. what lead you to try to diagnose an issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts