Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am once again working on my 95 16 valve tracker. Head is off and being checked and worked on. I have 12 volts to the blue wire on each injector only. Can someone tell me why this would be and how to check further. tia

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Key on you should have 12V to the blue/black wire, the ECU switches the injectors on the ground side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuel injection q

Thanks for the response Rhinoman, the ECU has been tested and is good. New injectors are in but were installed by a guy we no longer trust. He said the head had been done but it wasn't touched. Are there any tests we can do while waiting for the head? Like with the little light bulb...how is that done?

·
Registered
686 Posts
When the vehicle is running, or being cranked, you can use a NOID light to test for injector pulse. a LED light is how I made mine as it can blink fast enough to show the pulse clearly where a traditional incandescent bulb does not flash on/off fast enough.

Something else that is noteworthy is that an LED "light" will only work one way, it is polarity specific unlike a filament bulb which will work either way. If it fails to work one way than just switch the leads around and it should work. I made mine out of a running light pigtail/socket for a 194 bulb and replaced that bulb with an aftermarket LED bulb and soldiered leads to it, its a great NOID light. Youtube has a lot of info on how to make and use NOID lights. A NOID light wont do you any good until you get the engine back together though.

I'm not aware of any diagnostic checks you can do with the head off/timing components not intact other than visual inspection. do NOT crank the engine with the head installed until the timing components are all in place and timed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts