Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 cylinder 1.6l manual X90 from 1997
It has run like clockwork since I bought it 6years ago.
Now it won’t start. Fuel pump is working and there is pressurised fuel up to point of injector. Healthy spark on spark plugs but no fuel is injected.
It starts on starter gas but plugs remain dry even at prolonged start attempts.
Engine lamp on dashboard blinks as soon as I turn on ignition. “Check Engine”
During starter motor operation there is no movement of rpm needle on dashboard, perhaps this is normal not sure I just noticed when working the car. Thus leads me to suspect something is not right with sensing motor rotation and that it could be the cause for injectors to not get a signal to open.
As you clearly see I am not a mechanic and I am happy for advice on what to look for or what help to get to get my precious up and running again.
Thanks

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
First - have you measured the fuel pressure "up to the point of injector"?
Second - there is a "noise suppressor" (33553-52E00) in the ignition circuit that provides a feedback signal to the ECU, if this fails and the ECU does not see spark, it shuts down the fuel injection system to prevent the engine from flooding, another possible cause is a TPS failure, if the ECU sees WOT (Wide Open Throttle) along with the crank signal, it will again shut down the fuel injection as this is the recommended method of clearing a flooded engine.
Third - assuming your car is not a US market model, you should be able to use the jumper method to read the failure code that is causing the check engine light to flash - see the link below for details.

Suzuki Technical Articles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First - have you measured the fuel pressure "up to the point of injector"?
Second - there is a "noise suppressor" (33553-52E00) in the ignition circuit that provides a feedback signal to the ECU, if this fails and the ECU does not see spark, it shuts down the fuel injection system to prevent the engine from flooding, another possible cause is a TPS failure, if the ECU sees WOT (Wide Open Throttle) along with the crank signal, it will again shut down the fuel injection as this is the recommended method of clearing a flooded engine.
Third - assuming your car is not a US market model, you should be able to use the jumper method to read the failure code that is causing the check engine light to flash - see the link below for details.

Suzuki Technical Articles
Super thanks for these great recommendations and insights.
I will read and take a look at it.
Thanks
Anders

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,239 Posts
The fact that you can start the engine on donor fuel confirms the engine and ignition systems are working.

Follow Fordem's advice and if you have a test light, back probe the injector connection, put the clip on engine ground and the other on the T pin in the connector, you should see 12vdc, with key in in position.. this same light should flicker when cranking. This will verify power and signal to the injectors..

·
Super Moderator
25,542 Posts
Also maybe indicate what the check engine light is blinking - there appears to be a code in the computer that might give you a bit of direction. It blinks out codes, with a longer pause in between codes, for example, flash, pause, flash, flash, longer pause and repeat would be a code 12. Do you know how to jump the diagnostic box??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts