Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Forenza with aobut 60000mil. on it. My wife drives this car, and she is good at letting it run dry before she fills up the tank. (I've told her not too, but what do I know) One day driveing down the interstate it started sputtering and misfireing, engine lite came on. Drove it home. The next day it was fine. Now it does this every now and then. I had the codes pulled on it one of the codes was for the fuel filter. No one seems to have a filter for it, all the parts stores says I have to take it to the dealer, so my quest is there truth behind that or no?? Our if anyone had had this prob. what did you have to do to fix it??

·
Registered
507 Posts
wow you live in Granite City? That's real close to where I live. Anyways.

If I remember reading past posts relating to it, the Fuel Filter is connected to the fuel pump and that the whole thing has to be replaced. I am not so sure. I can do a search for ya.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow you live in Granite City? That's real close to where I live. Anyways.

If I remember reading past posts relating to it, the Fuel Filter is connected to the fuel pump and that the whole thing has to be replaced. I am not so sure. I can do a search for ya.

Ya im from Granite....not too far from you. So have you had this prob. our anyone else?? (wife our car prob. ill take either) Like I said it hasnt happend lately but the nearest Suzuki dealership is in MO, the one in Fairview closed. Do you take your car to the dealer our you have someone else service it??

·
Registered
507 Posts
I haven't had that problem and I take my car to the Suzuki Dealer in Nashville Illinois. St. Louis is closer but I hate driving to St. Louis. Nashville is an easy way to get to. Just I-64 east and get off at exit 50 much easier.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
unfortunatly on our cars the fuel filter is in fact in the fuel pump. there is no replacement. the whole pump needs to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts