Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding aquanaut20. I dont have a scanner. is that something that could be done at a auto parts store like autozone? O2 is an oxygen sensor correct? What is MAF? Mass Air Flow Meter? Thanks again!

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
No! auto stores only have code readers, they use them to sell parts not to fix your troubles..

The least expensive way to start is to get an ELM327 dongle and Torque if you have an android device..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where can you buy the ELM327? I don't see the listed in local parts store for sale.Oh now i see them on Amazon. I like to buy local not online

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
You wont find it local unless you are willing to pay 10x the price, use PayPal on Amazon..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Walmart has a ( Hyper Tough OBDII CAN ) diagnostic code reader I could pickup tonight for $19.84, would that work for me? Thank you aquanaut20 for your time and experience

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
that will be a code reader only, won't give you real time data which is what you need

I have a reasonable ELM unit and use Torque or SZ viewer depending on what i need to look at. Worth the hassle to get one, even if you have to get a friend that shops online to get it for you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind reply and advice folks. I have a amazon acct. and will order up a Veepeak OBDII tomorrow. When it arrives i will post what i find and again ask for your advice. Have a good weekend everyone, Thanks much

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good morning folks, hope everyone enjoyed your weekend. I got the ELM yesterday. P0401 is what i got from it. Best i can find out is low flow rate in the EGR. The EGR valve needs to be removed and cleaned.I was able to find a post here on Suzuki Forums on taking one off on a 2006 GV and a youtube video on a 2006 GV as well.Took the guy in the video about two hours to take the EGR off clean the ports out and reinstall. I think the thread i found here on Suzuki Fourms show how to test EGR with a multi meter.Looks like i will need a new gasket for the throttle body.Any tips or tricks i need to know before i jump in this morning? and once again, Thanks for your help! I will keep you posted!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts