Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever heard of using acetone in gas for increased mileage by better combustion? I've heard it burns slower than gas, helps gas vaporize better, and doesn't do any harm to the fuel system. Supposedly it can add 15-35% better gas mileage and can be used in anything with any motor. Anyone know a chemist they can hit up for a few Q&A's?:huh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check this out

I just went and googled the stuff and found a really helpful site. Articles on Fuel Mileage Any other knowledgable information on the topic would be helpful before I throw pure acetone a.k.a. nail polish remover in the tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be scared to put any acetone in my fuel systems... Just from the slight possibility of breaking down all the rubber components in the fuel system (hoses, seals, O-rings, etc)...

The best way of all times, is to lighten up your car. Ditch that spare tire, jack and tools. Only fill up the car half way every time, and only drive with 1L of windshield washer fluid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would?!

You would but I wouldn't. I've been testing this stuff for eight months now. I've kept accurate data concerning my study. From how much gas is used (with or without acetone) to engine performance, acceleration, top speed, miles per gallon, performance under load, hoses, o rings, and fuels lines. What have I learned from my study? THIS STUFF WORKS, PERIOD. Listen, I have a paper route just outside of Charlotte, NC. I fill my car with gas every five or six days and drive at least 50 miles every day. Newspaper delivery is an every day job, Charlotte has varied weather conditions, put 2 and 2 together and I have tested ACETONE in my gas tank in just about every weather condition you'd even think of driving in. THE BEST PART, I paid $15 on Amazon 8 months ago for two bottles of PURE ACETONE and I still have half a bottle left.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea acetone does give a nice kick ;] ive only used it twice tho and i like it. also my intake sensor fell out today of my new intake....that gave it a kick too but i dont thinks its healthy for the car nor did i mean to drive it like that.....i found out when i got home. lol >_<

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8 Months, Not An Issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen, I'm not going to sit here and drill it into your heads. If you don't believe that this stuff works, go to the above website, read up on how to use acetone (not enough to make your fuel sensor fall out), and test it for yourself. One ounce per five gallons is the amount needed for gasoline. As for diesel or two stroke it may vary. Do yourself a favor and learn how to drive though. If you drive with your gas peddle on the floor and the e brake to stop, stuff might fall off of your car. Like I said, don't believe me, learn about it, incorporate it, and record every aspect before, during, and after using acetone. Don't listen to me, I only proved it for myself.

·
Registered
165 Posts
bwstyles said:
Listen, I'm not going to sit here and drill it into your heads. If you don't believe that this stuff works, go to the above website, read up on how to use acetone (not enough to make your fuel sensor fall out), and test it for yourself. One ounce per five gallons is the amount needed for gasoline. As for diesel or two stroke it may vary. Do yourself a favor and learn how to drive though. If you drive with your gas peddle on the floor and the e brake to stop, stuff might fall off of your car. Like I said, don't believe me, learn about it, incorporate it, and record every aspect before, during, and after using acetone. Don't listen to me, I only proved it for myself.
Damn Bro, calm down! Stop inhaling it and start putting it in the tank! I don't think anyone was attacking you, just merely asking! If people dont want to use it, then they dont have to. All you have to do is distribute the info, if they use it great, if not, oh well. No skin off your back, right?

·
Registered
187 Posts
intake sensor is secure now. lmao. anyone ever tried rubbing alcohol? it seems liek the first time i used acetone it realyl did something but now it doesnt seem to give it as much of a pep....does acetone harm any thing in the forenza?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts