Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1600 Tracker motor for sale. It is complete , but without the engine wire harness and computer. It was taken out of a '91 Tracker w/ manual transmission. The block has @ 180k on it.

History of motor... in 2000 the head gasket failed. I bought a remanufactured head (and installed an aftermarket camshaft - Hawk Suzuki Phase 1 Torquer regrind) reinstalled everything and it ran great. In late 2003, the head gasket failed again due to the block being slightly "warped". I pulled the motor out and planned to rebuild the entire thing, but it never happened. I therefore have the following items for sale:
OEM Head with @ 20k miles
1600 block - in rebuildable condition
Hawk Suzuki master rebuild kit - pistons, rings, gasket kit, etc
Misc. parts - a/c condenser, alternator, etc

Make me an offer. I need to sell this immediately!

Nick
Mobile - 407.923.8614
Central Florida

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Just wondring if you still had these parts?
i am after a camshaft. If you don't have yours can you tell me where you got it from?
Look forward to your reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tracker parts

Hello,
I still have the factory camshaft with the cam followers, if you are interested. The head and aftermarket cam are sold. The aftermarket "Torquer" cam is available from Hawk Suzuki, in Oregon. Just do a search on the Internet and you will find them. Very reliable, have done a lot of business with them.

I also have a bunch of other parts such as:
New oil pump
New water pump
40 over pistons w/ pins and rings
Complete bearing kit - crankshaft and rods
Complete gasket kit - missing a few items
Camshaft seal
Used idler for camshaft belt - in good shape

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tracker Parts

How about the crank acc. pulleys?
Hello,
I have the crank pulley (2 v-groove type - not multi-ribbed) and the crank timing belt pulley w/ bolts. I also have the water pump pulley. I have an alternator with pulley too, but am not sure if the alternator is good or not.

The Tracker had A/C at one time, and I am not sure if I still have the mounting bracket(s).

Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have rebuilt the engine and now have a short block for sale. I am going to start a new thread with it for sale. Please see the new listing.

Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do not have anything left for the tracker, sorry.

A high idle usually is contributed to a vacuum leak, but not necessarily. It could be a sensor too.

CG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts