Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for the last 3 months I've been trying to get my 79 corolla carb installed and RUNNING RIGHT! I was able to follow acks write exactly...so I thought. I modified the spacer I plugged all vacuum ports and was able to fit the fuel line correctly. It starts right up when I pull the choke and drives just fine but when I slow down to a stop it stalls out. When I start it back up I have to continuously have to rev the engine. I've been messing with the adjustment screws and nothing seems to work. It idles high and idles low then goes back up then back down. That to me seems like a vacuum leak but I have everything plugged! The idle is so sporadic it's unsafe to drive. When I let off the gas it will idle ok for a few seconds then will just die like its got no fuel. Fuel lines are ok that's not the problem.

I know the people who have the yota carb love it and I wish I could too but it's keeping me from driving my Sami and I'm thinking of buying a stock carb and just putting that on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi

i used the corolla carb the 2E engine not the old mk engine it works fine i faced some problems at first and then i figured it out ..

on the toyota carb did u use the samuri carb cover .

when run the car without the carb cover do u have any problem

all the vacuum lines must be closed except the one that goes toe distributer

check it out and for further info contact me at my email to send me pics of

your installation i may help you out

[email protected]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was finally able to get it running right. All it took was a trained ear and someone who had some knowledge of carbs to fix it. Nowhere in the write up does it mention a throttle return spring but you will need one to get it to run right. What's weird is none of my vacuum lines are even pulling a vacuum at all.

I hooked up the carb right and plugged all lines. Follow the write up EXACTLY! you might as well print it and keep it under the hood. One thing I did differently though was port and polish the carb as well as the spacer. I didn't run it without porting it so i'm not sure if it made a difference.

I'm much happier now that it's running right and I can easily maintain the speed limit now!!! haha

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive been scared off. Id rather try to rewire the harness than fiddle with getting a '76 2TC carb to work on an 8V. Im going FI, hopefully the carb will be worth something some day. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts