Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Forenza SW 53,000 miles

Over the past 2 months my windshield wipers quit working. Then they will start working with nothing being done to them. The pissers work on the windshield and the tailgate wiper works...

Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it?? If so, is there a cure?

I know these cars are wired so that there isn't an extra inch of wire wasted...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had the same problem.

I just replaced my wiper motor and "transmission". Both from Rockauto and a easy fix. The whole of the parts are just under the drivers side grate below the windshield. Nothing under the dash. Accessible by opening the hood and taking a few screws loose. Sliding the grate off. And once you remove the grate it's simple to fix. After removing a cross brace. I replaced the column switch first. That's an easy swap too. But it was the motor that was intermittent. The transmission is the swinging parts the motor works. Connected to the arms. If you are careful you can keep the old one. I twisted it and broke a plastic part that looked like a washer. The whole thing was ruined.

Take the wiper arms off first by popping the caps on each arm.... the fat end of the wiper arms have a little cover you pop off. Then use a box wrench to remove nuts holding the wipers. Wiggle them off.

You use a VISE to remove the old motor from the transmission. I tried doing it without a vice. Doing this resulted in my ruining the transmission. And remember the basic direction the transmission and arms are pointing. When reinstalling the arms to the transmission; it all needs to be pointing the right way. Or they won't work at all.

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the same problem.

I just replaced my wiper motor and "transmission". Both from Rockauto and a easy fix. The whole of the parts are just under the drivers side grate below the windshield. Nothing under the dash. Accessible by opening the hood and taking a few screws loose. Sliding the grate off. And once you remove the grate it's simple to fix. After removing a cross brace. I replaced the column switch first. That's an easy swap too. But it was the motor that was intermittent. The transmission is the swinging parts the motor works. Connected to the arms. If you are careful you can keep the old one. I twisted it and broke a plastic part that looked like a washer. The whole thing was ruined.

Take the wiper arms off first by popping the caps on each arm.... the fat end of the wiper arms have a little cover you pop off. Then use a box wrench to remove nuts holding the wipers. Wiggle them off.

You use a VISE to remove the old motor from the transmission. I tried doing it without a vice. Doing this resulted in my ruining the transmission. And remember the basic direction the transmission and arms are pointing. When reinstalling the arms to the transmission; it all needs to be pointing the right way. Or they won't work at all.

I hope that makes sense.
Makes sense to me!

Thank You very much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope that works. You could try just cleaning the connector there at the motor. It gets a lot of exposure to the elements and could be the problem.

I also tried switching relays under the hood at the fuse box to make sure it wasn't a faulty relay. You can do that be switching the relays that are there already. They are the same kind. But it's intermittent... so....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts