Suzuki Forums banner

Front strut spring seat angle?

872 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  2013GV 
#1 ·
I have a pretty simple question regarding the spring seats on a 2006 Suzuki Aerio Awd. I haven't worked on the car in a while and failed to take a photo of the spring seat angle in relation to the strut. The top seat is not an even piece and I need to know how it is aligned. There is a small drain hole in it which I assume could be used for reference when aligning it with the lower strut. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

#2 ·
Top seat is tapered to fit the spring, bottom of spring is flat, top is semi open coil on the ones here down on the real end of the world. Align easily by fitting everything loosely, install in car, rotate spring and seat to allow top mount to align with strut tower and fit bottom strut bolts. Tighten strut centre nut and all mounting bolts.end of spring sits in the "notch" in the top seat. Drain hole should be at lowest point, you will see what I mean when you fit it in the car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.