Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a stock / aftermarket front skid plate for a 96 Trac 2dr, 4x4.

If you have something laying around, shoot me a line.

THX

Larry

·
Registered
126 Posts
skid plate

I think they are only aftermarket, I have one, but its nfs, they offer them on lowrangeoffroad.com, I only say aftermarket because I have only seen mine, even on the other lifted rigs around, hope it helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I was under the impression that they did have OEM plates, but I may be mistaken.

yeah, saw the lowrange stuff, looks nice, just trying to see if i can save a few $$$.

dont do much heavy offroading, but when i look under the front of the Trac and see that housing just sitting there, I have bad thoughts of what "could" hit that and cost me a lot more money than a skid plate.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Skidplate

I have used 1/2" puck board for years and a lot of my friends as well. Make your own if ya are into that. It slides on rocks way better that metal !! Try it ya will love it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Skidplate

I have used 1/2" puck board for years and a lot of my friends as well. Make your own if ya are into that. It slides on rocks way better that metal !! Try it ya will love it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Skid plate

"Puckboard ?

I am really mechanical by nature, but WTH is "puckboard"?

Maybe I know it by something else.

Also, love the clean look, but how did you get that kick up done on the front of the skid plate ?

THX

Larry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Puck board

Lol not sure if that's it's real name or not but it is the stuff the use to line hockey rinks with and car washes. I bought some up in Canada it's not cheap. It's 1/2" thick the stuff I have. It's hard white plastic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts