Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Vitara 2001, 3 door, 1.9td, 4wd 5 speed manual Van. 90k miles
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I need a front prop shaft for a 2001 1.9td . 3 door van. It's a 5 speed manual. Uk model.
Is this prop shaft unique to this type of engine or would a 1.6 or 2 ltr petrol or other ones fit?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,650 Posts
A Van? You are going to have to be more descriptive (as to model AND problem),
and then we can move you to the appropriate section if need be for support. Knowing your and the vehicle's built origin will help as well.

From the flag i suspect UK, but we've been fooled before. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,650 Posts
And the only Vitara of European descent that pops up in a 1.9 engine version is a Santana built earlier model, so the plot thickens.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Source: If you want to search / ID a different shaft / engine combo part number for compatibility / swapping yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Van? You are going to have to be more descriptive (as to model AND problem),
and then we can move you to the appropriate section if need be for support. Knowing your and the vehicle's built origin will help as well.

From the flag i suspect UK, but we've been fooled before. :D

Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Hi Max, yes its a van! Apparently quite rare? I believe its a JX 1.9TD, 2001 3 door, 5 speed manual 4wd. The problem is I bought it and it has the front prop shaft missing, so I need a prop shaft. The vehicle was built in Santanda, Spain and is UK registered. What more info do I need to supply please?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Super Moderator
19,650 Posts
Oh! Ok. A Van to most of us is one of these...

With regard to your situation...we'll have to wait on hopefully someone with knowledge of the Santana manufactured units to chime in. Maybe even kick you over to the 1st Gen Vitara / Sidekick section to get a nibble. ;)

Reactions: 2013GV

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
That ain't a van, thats a 2 door rag top

·
Super Moderator
19,650 Posts
Huh? Neil's ride? It's not a soft top convertible by anyone's standards.

A Hardtop? Tiptop? Sedan? Pick any one. Add to that list a "Van" by UK standards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh! Ok. A Van to most of us is one of these...

With regard to your situation...we'll have to wait on hopefully someone with knowledge of the Santana manufactured units to chime in. Maybe even kick you over to the 1st Gen Vitara / Sidekick section to get a nibble. ;)

Ok, Thanks.

·
Administrator
18,078 Posts
Europe had the SWB Vitara in what was known as a "commercial" version, no rear seats, and the rear side windows replaced by sheet metal.

From the parts catalog for the SE419TD, the front prop shaft for the manual transmission versions is 27101-85C00, and that matches the part used on the Santana built SE416 (the 1.6 petrol Vitara) of the same era. It should be noted that not all the 1.6 Vitaras sold in Europe were Santana built, Japanese & Canadian built vehicles were also available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Europe had the SWB Vitara in what was known as a "commercial" version, no rear seats, and the rear side windows replaced by sheet metal.

From the parts catalog for the SE419TD, the front prop shaft for the manual transmission versions is 27101-85C00, and that matches the part used on the Santana built SE416 (the 1.6 petrol Vitara) of the same era. It should be noted that not all the 1.6 Vitaras sold in Europe were Santana built, Japanese & Canadian built vehicles were also available.
Thank you. This is exactly what I wanted to know. There are lots of the 1.6 petrol Vitara's (SE416) being broken for spares/parts but the SE419TD are few and far between.

·
Super Moderator
19,650 Posts
By that part number, as I suspected. The earlier Vitara / Sidekick / Santana ride spec shaft... ;)

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts