Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a 1990 vitara i have a 2inch lift im running 255/75/15 when in full lock to the left the tyre rubs on the chassis it only does in on the left not the right i dont want spacers and if i can avoid changing wheels with more offset i will, is there a way of adjusting how far the wheel turns as its only rubbing one side?

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
There is no easy way to limit steering travel on Rack and Pinion systems. Changing the rim off-set might work, but you could also then incur tire rubbing elsewhere, such as on the fender / wheel openings.

Every ride change is an experimental fit, when deviating from the standard wheel / suspension norm. Add to the equation suspension component wear and the load you intend to carry, then no two Zuki's are the same.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Did you fit the lift? if so is the steering wheel central when driving? have you checked for bent parts on the steering from off-road abuse? There are steering stops on the suspension, you will see them if you check around the linkages.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
He might have bought it that way, also its a 1990 so its a steering box.

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
Cool! Then with a steering box, he might have linkage "stops" that he can shim off to limit travel. :)

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I'm sure that there is a lockstop that can be screwed in, I just don't recall where its fitted. My concern is that he may have a bent steering arm.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
There is no easy way to limit steering travel on Rack and Pinion systems. ...
A note: the steering system in the early TracKicks (covered by this forum) are NOT Rack and Pinion. That change came with ones sold starting in 1999.... in most markets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts