Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2002 suzuki xl7 don't blow to mucht heat at the front ( floor ) is this normal or do i have a problem since all the other places i get lots of heat comming out but not the floor

thank you for your help

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have a 2002 XL-7 with the same issue. To the upper vents it blows very hot (especially the driver's side vent), can't hold my hand at the vent for more than a few seconds! However, even on full "floor" mode, the feet only get moderately warm air and not much airflow. Might be a design flaw...don't really want to rip the dash apart to find out.

Ivan

·
Registered
28 Posts
floor heat

I just bought a 2002 GV xl7 limited and it too has a floor heating problem. I experimented with it a little and even when the floor only is selected, there is heat coming out of the dash. I talked with a mechanic at work, and he said there are motors that control the vents on most cars these days, not sure about a Suzuki, but if that motor has quit working that would be the problem. My heat out of the dash is like you've said, so HOT you can't keep your hand in it for more than a few seconds, but what I feel out of the floor vent is minimal. More than likely the motor / activator on the dash isn't working and my floor heat is being sent to too many locations. I had hoped to look at this today, but it is snowing and I don't have a garage.

Check your controls and make sure that air is only coming out of the locations you've selected. If it is coming out of another area, say dash, and you have it on def. and floor, and no matter what selection you've made, then your dash control is probably stuck open. Just like mine is.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well by design, there is ALWAYS some air directed to the outer face vents, in any mode position. The owner's manual explicitly says so. That is why they have the manual shut-off controls under the vent...it is a nice feature for example when you want to defrost the windshield, but also warm up your hand a bit :) The two middle vents, however, should only blow when the "face" mode is selected.

You can check the mode selector operation by looking under the driver's side dash towards the middle. As you select the modes from "face" to "defrost", make sure the actuator moves all the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
floor heat

XL7 RUS,

My car didn't come with an owners manual. I've purchased one, waiting for it to come, then found out sometimes Suzuki will give a free one if you call. I did discover the out vents have shut offs on them, and closing them did help warm up the feet. I'm thinking the center vents on my XL7 always have heat coming out of them. I will stick my head under the dash and see if I can see the actuators move when the buttons are pushed.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.