Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Iggy took a right bashing today on a Coastguard shout; almost pulled off the stupid little spoiler bit and walloped the front underside.
Apart from a sump guard, anything else that can be done? Traction is brilliant (way better than the Police Astra trying to follow me to the casualty location) but that low from end takes a bashing.
I have zero interest in what it looks like; just needs a toughen up like the otherwise inferior Panda 4x4s.

·
Registered
517 Posts
It's this sort of thing that makes me want to go to a taller tyre.

Reactions: Kernowlad

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is the suzuki official front skid plate but I'm pretty sure it doesn't serve a practical purpose and costs a bit much too.

There's been discussion of a sump guard on this forum before somewhere but cannot find it now.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes I wanted one but too costly.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am tempted by the sump guard but I would also prefer a decent plastic or aluminium one. That is bound to rust especially down here by the sea.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That was my thinking too as I am by the sea though with a good layer of underbody coating on the outside I would hope it should last. Also for me is the weight when having to remove it to change the oil or whatever plus if I wanted to add a cut out it would be easier in plastic. Mostly the price is too much just now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts