Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clunk coming from the front end. Sounds like its in the center of the vehicle right below the dash under the vehicle. Its clunks about every second while accelerating and stops a few seconds after taking my foot off the gas pedal. It starts around 10 mph and goes till about 40 mph. Mainly under power is when it does it not just accelerating. Any suggestions as to what it may be.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Clutch/torque converter is what's under the vehicle in the center right below the dash - neither one is noted for making "clunk" type noises and a once per second clunk sounds really unusual - most repetitive vehicular noises will vary in rate, linked either to the engine speed or the road speed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was meaning roughly every second. It is related to the speed of the vehicle. The faster you go the faster it clunks. Im thinking maybe something in the drivetrain like a ujoint.

·
Super Moderator
13,711 Posts
Roughly every second is still pretty slow in my opinion, and if it's related to road speed, the vehicle would have to be moving very slowly - I can't see anything turning that slowly at 10~40 mph and if it comes to that 10~40 is a ratio of 4:1, quite a difference there.

UJ's will run at roughly four times road speed, so relatively quickly and they're more likely to show up as a vibration - if you're so inclined, get a long ty-wrap and tie it to the drive shaft, leaving the end on so that it contacts the floor, and take a test drive, you'll get an idea of how fast that driveshaft really spins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts