Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I put my lift on yesterday and when I was try to put the bottom two strut bolts in I was having a hard time getting them in until I noticed the axle had come out at the differential. I put it back in but now I have a leak there. Is this just a normal seal that I possible damaged? I hope so.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I pulled the wheel and unhooked the bottom of the strut where I could pull cv axle out however before I did unhook the strut. I noticed that the shaft would move in and out about 1/4" On the differential side. Is this normal?
I couldn't compare it to the driver side because its different. It did look like I seen a seal in the differential when I pulled the cv shaft back. What do you all think?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max I have the 98 model. That's for 99 and up. Does it apply to mine too?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Max how did I make it 47 yrs w out you lol. No I don't have a service manual. Should buy on I guess. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You probably just damaged the seal. I would guess that this is the shaft on the (US) passenger side? if so then its worth getting the nylon bush that Suzuki added to the later models to help support that shaft. Bits4Vits sell it but you should be able to order it through a Suzuki dealer.
Yeah rhinoman pass side. I was hoping it just had a seal there. I wasn't sure about being able to move the shaft back and forward in the differential. It moves about 1/4". Is this normal?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
It does only have a seal as standard but the support bush reduces wear considerably if you use 4x4 a lot. I would pull the shaft out and check that the circlip hasn't been displaced.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. Ill have to pull the shaft to put the seal in anyway so ill look at it then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts