Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. New to the forum. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the bumper with fog lights that you could get on some sidekicks ? I'd really like to find one in the states and get it on my sidekick sport. Right now I mounted some fog lights underneath the bumper in the middle and it's suboptimal. Are these bumpers super rare ? Thanks for the help.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I`m not sure the US Sport ever came in 2-door. If overseas, good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply. The sport did not come in two door but Im only interested in the bumper. I can remove the plastic bumper from the metal support and fit it to the wider frame of the sport as the body dimensions (width) are the same for any 89 to 98 trackers/sidekicks 2 door or 4 door as far as I know. The pic of the bumper is from a Facebook marketplace ad I Florida. I wrote to the owner but no response yet. So I'm pretty sure you could get these in the states. I will check the junkyard.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
The Sport is a much wider body/frame than the Sidekick or clones.

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
I could be wrong but I believe the bumper shown in the first picture is off of an SQ series Vitara (99~03)

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

The Sport is a much wider body/frame than the Sidekick or clones.
That's actually incorrect - the Sport frame is wider than the Sidekick frame, but the body from the firewall back is interchangeable - the Sport uses plastic cladding on the lower part of the body to cover the wider track.

Take a look at the images below - Sidekick above, Sport below.

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could be wrong but I believe the bumper shown in the first picture is off of an SQ series Vitara (99~03)

View attachment 103697

That's actually incorrect - the Sport frame is wider than the Sidekick frame, but the body from the firewall back is interchangeable - the Sport uses plastic cladding on the lower part of the body to cover the wider track.

Take a look at the images below - Sidekick above, Sport below.

View attachment 103700

View attachment 103701

That was my thought as well, that they just added plastic cladding that made it look slightly wider. Thanks for the info on the SQ series Vitara. I'll see if I can find one.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
So a 2 inch wider frame will fit same bumpers?
Wow, you learn something new every day.

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
So a 2 inch wider frame will fit same bumpers?
Wow, you learn something new every day.
Feel free to grab a parts catalog and verify this for yourself - remember from the firewall back.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Isn`t this about bumpers?
I`m well aware of body/door panels and all the rest past the firewall.
HoHoHo!
There`s no telling how much help and knowledge you have provided me since I arrived here, so a thanks to you and others.
DN

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
The bumpers have part numbers too.

98 Sidekick Sport bumper - 71800-68320-5PK - BAR, REAR BUMPER BLACK (this is the plastic skin), 71820-60A01 - MEMBER, BUMPER (this is the metal reinforcement)
98 Sidekick bumper - 71800-68320-5PK - BAR, REAR BUMPER BLACK (this is the plastic skin), 71820-60A01 - MEMBER, BUMPER (this is the metal reinforcement)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts