Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Suzuki Team!
I'm looking for some ways to customize my 3rd gen Grand Vitara.
I have a 2011, and i'm wondering, is it possible to swap my front bumper with a 2013 model?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
As far as I know the bumpers changed slightly with the "facelift" model that has the new grille, but over all the bumper and grille as a unit should interchange

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings Suzuki Team!
I'm looking for some ways to customize my 3rd gen Grand Vitara.
I have a 2011, and i'm wondering, is it possible to swap my front bumper with a 2013 model?

Thanks in advance!
I picked up another bumper for my 2011 door and modded it as per the attached pic.,
I like the look and the increased approach angle. Still to find bash plates. Tempted to make my own.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Iron man plates aren't too bad, all depends how serious your off road work is. Making your own is relatively simple. Making ones for evap can and rear diff and muffler too is a good move

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tried getting quotes from them via online enquiry and never heard boo from them. Hence the thought of making my own from 6mm alloy. Will get it up on a hoist and play around with some cardboard first as a template.
Thanks for the tip re evap etc.
Not really hard core offroad, just a few "interesting" bits on hunting trips.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Iron man gave been shut down for the last 2 months or so with the covid pandemic here. I find mine are good I do hunting and fishing trips and tend to get places the sheep shaggers and rangers cant.

Where you located?

·
Registered
9,356 Posts

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
I'm nth of the waimak, well, will be when I manage to get home, hopefully Thursday

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Will be lots of folks moving about tomorrow I'm guessing.
Perhaps we can catch up some time.
I'm moving out of the lounge into the office...,roads will be busy, hopefully I can get my pc working and do that dropbox link

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to relive this post. Has anyone done swapping bumpers? Im also looking forward to do it. Got 07 sgv and thnking to swap to any later models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did the bumper swap as per the earlier post, however, I've no idea of what year
the other bumper came from. It was the right colour and I had no issues with the
changeover. You'd be best to remove your existing one so you can easily compare to
any intended later version. Very simple and quick to remove, maybe 45 minutes max.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts