Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One side of my bumper has fallen a little. I took it to Suzuki and they said the clip that holds it on is broken, that I would have to pay $500 for a new one. Does anyone know if this is true? Shouldn't warranty cover it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bumper

They did not cover because they think you had a light accident. So no your not covered. If your plates fall off its not covered either. They will figure u got bumped. (Physical car damage)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Last post is correct, body damage is rarely covered other than paint defects such as outside door handles peeling on Forenza's. Body parts coming loose is usually the result of a impact at sometime or another, rather or not it was witnessed.

Cosmetic defects such as this are looked for real close when the cars come off the transport truck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not real sure, replacing the bumper cover ($360) and painting would be closer to $800. Pulling the bumper cover and replacing the retainer($12.00!) shouldn't cost much more than $200 total unless there is other damage.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i would get the clip, 12 bucks, and then do it your self, unless you think that the double sided tape is more long term. i am not sure the strength of the double sided tape.

good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
What I did

Hi my friend:
I can figure out what is happen:

As myself, you hook it the front bumper a couple of times in parkings, there is no physical damages, the front spoiler down a little, then the small rubbel all along the bumbers start to get loose, and it looks VERY UGLY.

The problem here is that even though you replace the CLIPS, the plastic parts are already deformed, and they will not take the factory position again.
You push the spoiler up.. looks nice, you release and fall down again , a three or five milimiters. ugghh..

Double sided tape can work for half an hour.. NO SOLUTION.

My solution was FOUR screws (2,5") like these used for drywall, and I put them in the bottom of the spoiler, attaching it to the "real" bumper.
Not needed to screw very hard, just until the two parts looks like one (front view)

In my case I used only two, in the very "corner of the spoiler" the round pard when the front becomes side of the car.

JUST TAKE CARE to put them two inches more or less from the edge of the car, because the real bumper is not there.. is a little into the car, make sure that the screws GET the real bumper hidden below.

The screws are hidden in that position, you never see them if you are not under the car.
You'll see, it will look like new.
BUT in anyv case, this SX4 you need to drive carefully always, in the parkings, that front part is very low (to be standard), you need to approximate to parkings and driveways always like you are driving a nascar car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right now I noticed.. I was talking about the SPORT model, which has the spoiler in front.. I dont know if yourse is an SX4 S

1 - 12 of 12 Posts