Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searches but can't find the clip. The rattling over bumps is getting old.

Anyone, or 2000FH, know what they are?

thanks.

Also, is there a bulb that will revitalise the front headlight dim yellow glow? I think the cloudy removal polishing isn't really worth it it will just come back fast, but maybe some more brightness would be good.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have several Original Ignis for parts in Australia if you need the clip. A picture would be good to confirm.

As for dim headlamps - keep the car away from natural daylight, or perhaps upgrading the wiring loom might help, like all Landcruisers need - makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Another option is clean the headlight units, then get clear uv blocking film applied to prevent further uv damage, and try the narva plus 120 lamps, rippco or super dear have them.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Old filaments nearing the end of life, plus old thin factory wiring combined with oxidisation of wiring and terminations all contribute to dimmer lamps.

try the narva plus 120 lamps, rippco or super dear have them.
Or you could be thrifty and buy them without the fancy packaging, shopfront and advertising campaigns. Same specs;

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks. and thanks for the bulbs will try those.

regarding the retaining clips. Whomever serviced the car did not have clips on hand, and they were not present to begin with, so pads went in with the rattle.

So I can't take a picture as there is no clip to take a picture of? At least, that's my guess.. was hoping it would be some kind of bog standard item for 2001 3 door
maybe included in aftermarket pad replacement kits?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Also, is there a bulb that will revitalise the front headlight dim yellow glow?
I was at my favorite Crime Converters shop yesterday and saw these - got them for $35 AUD. Retail is about $150.
No cleaning or polishing and PnP - they are great.
The H4 lamp rotates in the fitting to adjust the pattern.
I did have to cut the rubber boot a bit to get the thing to fit.

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Safety glove
Ac adapter Automotive tire Gas Cable Auto part

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Check your local regs, I think you may find the led conversion kits are illegal for on road use.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Check your local regs, I think you may find the led conversion kits are illegal for on road use.
True and it says on the box - "Not ADR compliant". I will add, I drive with OCD situational awareness AND am NOT a RED P plater, so I have immunity.

I will give them a proper trial if I get a chance to go out at night. I'll get my son to follow me in that car and drive at me from the opposite direction before I decide to keep them or not. I already adjusted them at a wall in darkness and the clear cut-off point was perfect and the only thing they don't do right is shine upwards (possum spotting) on the passenger side.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
I find you get can the cut off beam right, but the dazzle to oncoming people is the bigger issue even if set correctly. LED just can't mimic an incandescent light radiation pattern onto the reflector or shrouds properly leading to some strange and sometimes dangerous results.

·
Administrator
17,793 Posts
Be sure to try it on a wet, rainy night, on both high & low beam.

Slope Water Line Rectangle Parallel

By the way - that "shine upwards on the passenger side" is actually a "shine downwards on the driver's side" intended to avoid dazzling the oncoming traffic, so what you've in effect done is reduced the visible distance or reach of the lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts