Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my streetglow music controller installed with 2 led strips under the dash and steering wheel. it LOOKED amazing until i brought my forenza to the shop to have some censors switched. they gave me the car back and that night my girl was with me and i went to turn the lights on and they dont work. ive checked all the connections and there good the power source i have them hooked up to is good im stuck with a 80$ led set and it dont work who can help me please

·
Registered
582 Posts
mikemike123321 said:
i had my streetglow music controller installed with 2 led strips under the dash and steering wheel. it LOOKED amazing until i brought my forenza to the shop to have some censors switched. they gave me the car back and that night my girl was with me and i went to turn the lights on and they dont work. ive checked all the connections and there good the power source i have them hooked up to is good im stuck with a 80$ led set and it dont work who can help me please
All i can say is to take it back to the shop and tell them they f***ed something up to fix it now...haha.

·
Registered
221 Posts
sp1d3rman87 said:
buy neons...see lol
You dont want neon if your showing your car it sucks your battery dry WAY to much if your engines not running. you can run a led bulb for I think it was 6 hours on a 9v battery. I'd stay with led

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
So what if your 16. Our Super Moderator Kinkys unable to drink yet.

As for LED's power consumption over neons, its simple *goes into "I Have a Degree in this and by damn, I'm using it" mode*
Neons tend to have a large transformer because they run off AC. Even though your still runing DC on your car, theres still a small amout of electronics for it. After that, your sending electrons to stimulate gasses to glow. Its not the most electrical eftient way, but better then bulbs. I beleave its a 5V drop over each one.

LEDs (Light Emiting Diods) on the other hand, have a .7V drop, and the newer ones are .5V
So, it would take 10 LEDs to equil one Neon.
Not to mention LEDs have almost no current drain. There very efficient, and they last forever

·
Registered
341 Posts
I agree with zip. leds are much better, last forever, and it takes nothing to juice em up. I think they look better than neon. but the last part is only opinion.

·
Registered
341 Posts
oh yeah leds are soo cool pull less power antd can be brighter than regular bulbs. and if you replace regular bulbs with leds people will stop and ask allsorts of questions about those cool tail lights
cant get fuel without a tuner follwing me in and asking about the taillights
:cool:

·
Registered
338 Posts
haha, LED's are definatly pretty sweet, Neons are also very easy to break, and have to be replaced much more often... not to mention they take up quite a bit more room as opposed to using single LED's, which makes them more of a pain to find a place to mount them :p... plus try to put Neons in your tail lights... dont think the police would like that too much... if it takes 10+ seconds for your lights to warm up everytime you stop ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I Just put mine on And damn do they look steet. I went with LED's in green, 60$ on ebay
and your right Zip it takes nothing to power them I'v left them on over night and still was able to start my car in the morning.

·
Registered
221 Posts
no under body kit.
here in indiana you cant run with red, blue, or green, BUT you can get away with green in some towns with fire depts that dont have green on there trucks, but you still have to watch out for dick county cops that dont know this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts