Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So I am no expert on A/C in cars. I was told by a friend that did some very basic inspections that the freon in my car is not circulating. The problem is that there is no cold air at all. There are no leaks or pressure build ups anywhere, but for some reason he seems to think that the freon is not circulating. Could anybody possibly point me in some direction on how to confirm this or help me determine if there is something else?

Thank you.

PS - My car:
2007 Suzuki Forenza

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
Is the compressor engaged / running? :huh:

It sounds as if it is not, or the system is void of freon (leaked) or the compressor internals are destroyed.

Need high and low side system pressure readings using refrigeration gauges designed for the job, to additionally diagnose. ;)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I agree with Max on this one. He also knows more about then I do lol. The easiest thing to do is take it in to have it checked

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,

I am sorry it took me so long to reply back. So the compressor is good. The mechanic I had do all of the checks says the compressor is just fine. But he has no idea what is going on. He just says that the freon is not circulating. Do you fellows have any suggestions are far as some checks I can do in my driveway on my own? I don't have any A/C equipment. Are there some other places under the hood I can check??

Anything would help! Its june and 200 degrees outside!!!

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
There is a STRONG possibility that the Expansion Valve (with its tiny passages) is blocked with debris. That or the debris "screens". :(

This is often a result from component change-out NOT accompanied by a final system "flush".

The Mechanic would also have indications of high head pressure and low suction pressure in that (system restriction) scenario.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts