Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there are any frame drain plugs under the carpet? Trying to track down a driver side floor leak/wetness and google is mentioning these plugs are sometimes installed on cars..

Brad
2009 SX4 Sedan

·
Registered
569 Posts
easiest way to check for plugs is to take a flashlight and have a search under the car. I don't know about you but a wet driver side carpet goes with the territory every winter up here and I hear Minnesota gets it's share of snow???However, if your carpet smell of antifreeze, then you DO have a problem! It would have been nice if Weathertech had gotten around to making a floor liner for the SX4, but the SOBs never did AFAIK. Right now I'm trying out a Chinese made floor liner set that I hope will dry things up, especially the dam "swimming pool" you get where the gas cap release lever is!:eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I live in upstate NY & have a 2012 SX4 sedan and have the same problem with winter runoff, but did find a nice pair of rubber mats on ebay to protect the front mats. As for the recess under the gas cap & trunk release I cut a sponge to fit in there to collect the excess water and just ring it out once in awhile.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just went out in the garage and looked under the drivers side of our 2008. There is a drain plug. About 4 inches forward from where the edge of the seat would end. It's just a sheet metal type plug. I've had them come out in cars, the edges rust. I always used good old JB weld to seal them. "clean around them the best you can before using it". I used wire wheel on moto tool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.