Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 2005 Forenza Wagon Premium with AT and premium is so painfully slow to speed. What one add on would give me the best bang for the buck?
John

·
Registered
259 Posts
Man, it's like the wagons are coming outta the woodwork - I love it!

Welcome. So the wagon, having about 200 extra pounds on the sedan, is a bit of a slug off the line. It is what it is. Part of that with our cars is gearing -- the car is geared for highway travel, and has plenty of gear range and power left when you're cruising at 85. Not very many other small fours can say that.

But around town, you're just not gonna be the fastest of the 4-cyl turtles, especially with the auto. The UD pulley helps. I can't speak to the CAI, as I don't have that, but the stock intake does seem fairly restricted.

If you bought the car used, having a shop clean the throttle body and injectors could make a big difference too.

·
Registered
494 Posts
if your gonna have shop clean the TB you might as well just have them P & P it. It only cost me 40 bux to have mine done. i had the whole intake system p & p'd for just over 200. i doubt i gained to much pony power but the good ole' butt dyno could definately feel it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts