Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
4 to 5k seems a wee bit high for a turbo kit. I understand custom jobs are never cheap, but what is exactly in this kit, because I think people here that want one will want to know exactly whats in it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres the details I have now

T3/T4 hybrid turbo

Spearco stage I intercooler

Cast turbo manifold

Delta wastegate

Down pipe to exhaust

Cotton/gauze air filter with snorkel

Custom tubing from turbo to intercooler and intercooler to throttle body

Oil Supply/Return Line

Misc

pretty much everything other than the engine management system...

·
Registered
165 Posts
That is extremely expensive considering it has nothing in the kit to accomodate fuel and tuning. You would be left needing fuel injectors, a new fuel pump, air sensor to allow the computer to read boost,and tuning to address the added fuel and to take care of the timing at the least. Way too high! I have seen kits for Hondas under $4000 with everything needed. Bolt on, plug in and away you go.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Audacity Racing said:
I'll do it for 3000 with full ECU, tuned and out the door :)
Much better price!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Loganator said:
yea, its B-moto who I was talking to about building it... I'm thinking it sounds rather over priced.
You mean BMS B-moto? If so then I hope it is a high end kit with the expensive stuff.

jaxreno said:
That is extremely expensive considering it has nothing in the kit to accomodate fuel and tuning. You would be left needing fuel injectors, a new fuel pump, air sensor to allow the computer to read boost,and tuning to address the added fuel and to take care of the timing at the least. Way too high! I have seen kits for Hondas under $4000 with everything needed. Bolt on, plug in and away you go.
One of things you have to keep in mind Jax is that most parts for our car are expensive compare to the same part for other cars, mostly due to the small amount of people that want to mod our car. Tho it seems more and more people are taking our car a bit more seriously.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I don't know why they won't want to. The already sell a turbo manifold for our car and last I heared they where working on a turbo setup for the Rally Reno.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Loganator said:
okay, ive been talking to someone about building a kit for the forenza, and reno.. it would fit both... we're looking at about 4-$5000, this will include everything you need.. if your interested let me know. its a fully custom job, but maybe if I can get enough together we can cut costs..
Yeah, definitely sounds like a lot... I can get a turbo kit specifically made for the Reno from STS for under $3000.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Loganator said:
thats what I was starting to think, maybe they just dont wanna do it, thats why they're quoting such a high price.
They have no one to compete against (expect audacity will be putting out stuff but I dont think they know that as they dont spend anytime on the forums anymore...let allow answering my emails about parts breaking that they installed) so they can make the price whatever they want.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts