Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just installed a hitch on my forenza wagon and was wondering if anyone could tell me the easiest way to wire the light harness.

·
Registered
259 Posts
There's another guy with a wagon (Mario) who has had a hitch and harness installed -- he may give you some insight about where the shop tied in the wiring. He's still around here once in a while.

US Forenza/Renos aren't rated for towing, even though every other iteration of our vehicle has a tow rating -- about 1000 pounds, if I remember correctly. So, our US models may be a real pain to wire.

I just had my wagon interior plastics off, running sub wires -- it wasn't hard to find the rear taillight wiring. You could tap off of that, but it's up to you to get it outside from there. I'm not gonna be the one to tell you to take a drill to your car.:eek: If you do, silicone that sucker.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The shop connected the trailer adapter (6 to 4 wires) in the left panel in the trunk. I'll try to get more details, but I think they tapped left flasher/brake/position light/ground that way, and they had to pass 1 wire to the oter side to get the right flasher.

They used a generic adapter and I got no flasher/brake light issue with it.

By the way, seriously in Europe, I found in their manual that the car is rated for 1200lbs towing on a 1.8L engine. But for a small load, everything seems fine.

I used it to haul dirt and gravel in a trailer on a small distance, but I would not go too far with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts