Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Forenza Station Wagon...Pittsburgh, PA...53,000 plus miles...

The exterior handle on my wagon (to open) will will not return to it's normal position after opening the tailgate.

Upon inspection of the interior workings, all looks good. The problem seems to be a spring that is up and under the exterior handle is rusted to hell and back. No amount of lub will revive it.

Has anyone had this problem? If you have, how do you remove the handle assembly? I just looked at it real quick tonight, and can't see how it comes out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Hi. I don't have a wagon but you probable access the handle from the inside of the tailgate. Remove the inside panel and you should see a way to access the handle. Let me know if you get it or not. If not we'll look for instructions lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. I don't have a wagon but you probable access the handle from the inside of the tailgate. Remove the inside panel and you should see a way to access the handle. Let me know if you get it or not. If not we'll look for instructions lol
I just finished yesterday putting in a new handle. Less than $20 at Suzuki. :D

You even have to take out the rear window wiper motor to get to 1 screw, but I got it in and it works fine...:eek:

Thank You 7-even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts