Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
ur right on that, six months ago i wanted to trade it in for another car for my wife and they told me, my car was worth 2000.00, thats all.. a 2005,
my srt-4 is older, and is worth 6 times that amount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to agree with you the Forenza is a vehicle that deserves more respect than it receives from the auto-media publications. I purchased a used Forenza (2005) wagon 6 months ago and have not had any problems with the car. The car runs great and is completely rattle free. I recently had a new Ford Focus as a rental during a business trip and thought the car was a tin box compared to the Forenza. The Focus just felt "cheap" all around.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
One of the big reasons why the value drops so much for our car is that Suzuki is not one of the more popular brands out there for one, and two the Forenza/Reno are not exactly hot sellers. Its not that surprising really when you thinking about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mines fine

i have a 2004 forenza 42000 miles no problems at all i have even put on a bms airintake a performance exhaust and gold cadiium plated driled rotors
if that doesnt raise the valu i dont know what would best bet for owners is hope for a outside buyer reconizing the true value of these cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I beg to differ. I have an 06 Forenza and this stupid car has had MORE problems and been to the shop more times than the Hyundai I owned for 5 years. That car was WAAY better then the Forenza. I have had the ignition fixed twice because it locked up and coulnd't turn, even w/ the key placed in the shifter, then as soon as I got it home, like 2 weeks later it almost locked up again for no reason.

The airbag, both driver AND passenger have been fixed twice and yet again, they are both non-working now... and now the transmission range control switch is malfunctioning... and it's no longer under warranty.. dealer says $250 to fix... WTH?? I HATE THIS FREAKIN CAR....

·
Registered
121 Posts
One thing to note - once these are done being made and the "fleet" of used cars sold off in the next year or two, we'll see these values hold. namely because 1) it's got decent pickup for a car in this class, 2) looks good, 3) lots of room for a small car, 4) uses mostly standard parts (so the fact they won't be made won't impact parts supplies), and 5) Suzuki is starting to make a name for itself with the SX4 which will trickle down through all their models.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Suzuki Forenza/ Reno/ VW Beetle 20/28. Subaru Impreza 20/28 nice leather and only the lack of good cup holders and storage bins detract. But we are not used to receive a list of the top cars with the worst reputation.Outback Suzuki Forenza, Reno Toyota Corolla, Volkswagen Golf.
============================================
Peter
Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just purchased a 2008 Forenza with 10,000 miles on it. I guess it was a fleet or rental car. The place Had 20 of them. I don't know how many models of Forenza's there are but this one is loaded. Everything except a moon roof. Has all of the stuff the big three offer. Only difference I find is the stuff is made a little cheaper. The controls on the steering wheel are cheap plastic clicker switches Rather than smooth molded plastic. I have seen so many bad reports about mileage and poor handling, bad ride etc. I drive 120 miles round trip each day and get 35 MPG no matter how I drive it. It rides a little bouncy and not quite as quiet as a Detroit made car but I am 6,3 and 60 years old and do that round trip in pretty decent comfort. This car is auto trans also. I don't get the "poor mileage" reports. I think it is a pretty decent car for the money. The radio sucks badly. Even at my age I like a good stereo and this one is a cracker box but going to find a way to make it better without dumping a fortune into it. I had previously owned a Hyundai Tucson and sorry I ever let it go. I have always been a fan of US made cars but these little Korean cars are putting the big three to shame!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have just purchased a 2008 Forenza with 10,000 miles on it. I guess it was a fleet or rental car. The place Had 20 of them. I don't know how many models of Forenza's there are but this one is loaded. Everything except a moon roof. Has all of the stuff the big three offer. Only difference I find is the stuff is made a little cheaper. The controls on the steering wheel are cheap plastic clicker switches Rather than smooth molded plastic. I have seen so many bad reports about mileage and poor handling, bad ride etc. I drive 120 miles round trip each day and get 35 MPG no matter how I drive it. It rides a little bouncy and not quite as quiet as a Detroit made car but I am 6,3 and 60 years old and do that round trip in pretty decent comfort. This car is auto trans also. I don't get the "poor mileage" reports. I think it is a pretty decent car for the money. The radio sucks badly. Even at my age I like a good stereo and this one is a cracker box but going to find a way to make it better without dumping a fortune into it. I had previously owned a Hyundai Tucson and sorry I ever let it go. I have always been a fan of US made cars but these little Korean cars are putting the big three to shame!

Interesting post. I came from a Hyundai Sante Fe ('04 model, before the recent (improved) redesign).

My mileage is barely acceptible because I drive a little aggressive. I'm also 6' 3" and I fit in the Reno fine. The slight bouncy feel is for ride comfort versus tighter suspension for superior handling. However, I don't find any issues with the handling, it's just got a floaty feel but it handles turns just fine. Have yet to enter a turn where it felt like the car wasn't going to stay on the road.

We really can't compared larger SUV style vehicles to a sub compact. You get what you pay for, and to get the gas mileage there has to be compromises.

The one bonus is the pickup in the 3,000-5,000 rpm range is pretty good, versus the lumbering 2.7L V6 in the Sante Fe that really worked hard to move the 3,700+lb vehicle. It's by no means the fastest little car o nthe road, but I have yet to feel like I needed more acceleration.

Like you, I couldn't see just blindly buying American when they cost more and often offer less. I'm surprised Detroit has lasted this long, Asia has been nipping at their profits for over a decade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts