Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I got a Reno 05, and Forenza 06. I changed the battery on both and now the air bag light is on for both cars. Please share with me any information you might have on how to reset the module to get ride of the light. appreciate all the help.
Fred:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
pull the negative off the batt and pump the brake 10 times and then hook up the negative. This gives the car a full reset. Worth a shot right? No guarantee though. This works more for getting rid of dumb CEL's but it might work with getting rid of that airbag light

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Partial Fix

This is what I did on the Reno 05:
1) Tried the routine for the first time and it did not work
2) Tried the routine 2nd time and air bag light went out but the check engine light came up.
3) Disconnected the battery for 20 mins. Connected the battery and started the engine and all lights were off.
So thanks for the suggestions

However, when I tried the routine on the Forenza it did not work. Tried it 5 times and once with disconnecting the battery for 20 mins and still did not work.

SO thanks for the suggestions and I will appriciate if you can share with us any other thoughts.

Happy new year.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Hi All,
I got a Reno 05, and Forenza 06. I changed the battery on both and now the air bag light is on for both cars. Please share with me any information you might have on how to reset the module to get ride of the light. appreciate all the help.
Fred:confused:
a tool called Intelligent Tester2 maybe help, this is a professional diagnostic tool. i'm sure it will slove your problems...:p
you can go to auobd2.com to search much more details about the tool...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts