Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Geo Tracker Convertible,built in Japan, 1.6 8V, 4wd, 5spd
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Geo Tracker 2 door convertible 4wd with manual locking hubs, 1.6 liter fuel injection engine, 5 Spd manual trans, 139k miles. Original color blue metallic paint, Gray/Black interior with no rips or tears, leather covered steering wheel, new convertible soft top with tinted windows, doors have tinted windows with power window conversion on LSI doorcards, new JVC stereo/CD player with Bluetooth and four new speakers installed. Original dealer brochure, Original factory Service manual.
Tracker was used as a toad behind an RV for ten plus years, all tow hardware including hitch and wiring installed (just hitch it up and go).
Front Disc pads replaced, all four shocks replaced, driver side CV joint replaced, Starter replaced, new plugs, wires, points, rotor, coil, distributor cap all replaced.
New Yokohama Avid Ascend LX 215/70/15 85,000 mile tires just replaced. Rust free vehicle in exceptional shape and well cared for. $6100.00 Offer... No lowballs please, do not need to sell but will entertain reasonable offers. Call or text Rich at: (719)-649-4576 or email: [email protected]
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design
Window Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering part
Furniture Motor vehicle Chair Automotive design Comfort
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
so all this work done and then sell it? what happened?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turboguzzi,
Nothing at all, testing the waters... last couple of RV trips we also noted that having AC would make a difference. We get down into places like AZ, Texas or places on the east coast or in the south during the hot/warm months and it could be brutal without AC. Hey if I don't sell it fine and if I find a donor Tracker/Sidekick with AC then I will transfer everything over and keep this lil blue gem. It is a good time to sell since there are so many RVers looking for tried and true toads that are already set up for towing for their RVs... So striking while the iron is hot so to speak. I certainly don't need to sell it and left myself some wiggle/negotiating room. It is so dependable and a blast to drive, it has become my daily driver but I have other vehicles to drive if I sell the Tracker (until I find another Toad with AC). Folks on this forum know the fun, ruggedness and dependability these little 4x4's can be so perhaps someone here might want another... Wish me luck I guess.

Fivestar

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is a sweet Geo.

Good luck with sale.

1989 Sidekick 2 Door Soft Top
1.6L TBI, 5 Speed, 4x4
1996 Sidekick, 2 Door Hard Top 1.6L MFI 16v, 3 Speed Auto

·
Registered
424 Posts
if you are testing the waters i'd try a dedicated ads site.
dont think that there'll be much traffic of people searching for trackers in a forum of tracker owners who already have one (or two) :)

i for one never check the for sale section here, saw your post just by chance

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turboguzzi,
No problem, I posted on Craigslist before I posted here and I have been so busy the last couple of days with phone calls, texts and emails with people wanting to buy this little gem-more than twenty potential buyers! Took a day and a half and sold it for the price posted. Now to return calls texts and emails that it sold... Most all were looking for just what I was selling, a small vehicle to tow behind an RV already set up SOLD! Time to look for another TOAD... but this time with AC
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
424 Posts
crazy prices! mine has half your milleage, maybe better condition (no rust at all) , just the paint is not shiny metallic as yours, plain red, paid 2500 euro (3000us$) for it last year. heard that prices have gone up post covid, but 6K.....

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turboguzzi,
I do like the look of your Vitara, that front bumper attachment makes it look substantial along with those mild fender flares. I agree to the extent that the overall prices can be eye opening but the difference is that having the tow hardware and wiring installed (it was all part of the sale) made a huge difference for about half the prospective buyers. To get all that stuff bought and installed onto a vehicle by a professional can be $2500-$5000 (you/me and many others here we could do it for eight hundred perhaps less). As you might recall I did have some rust areas that I addressed and given my nature I did over the top repairs to bring the lil blue gem to no rust at all and I made sure to talk about the process to potential buyers. I knew the market I was going after and priced it to leave me negotiating room, the interest though was nearly overwhelming and that is why I did not budge on my price. I already have Tracker/Sidekicks WITH A/C that I will be looking at today along with a couple other potential tow vehicles (Mini and Subaru). Wish me luck!
Fivestar

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
crazy prices! mine has half your milleage, maybe better condition (no rust at all) , just the paint is not shiny metallic as yours, plain red, paid 2500 euro (3000us$) for it last year. heard that prices have gone up post covid, but 6K.....

View attachment 102731
So my little blue gem that was my 1989 Tracker is now in the good hands of the next owner. I was able to find a large number of Tracker/Sidekicks on Craigslist here in Colorado and surrounding states that met my criteria and even found a site or two that has LOTS of really great Trackers for sale (seems someone had been hoarding and now all bought up and selling them on the internet for bid/sale), site posted below:
93 GEO TRACKER 4X4 CONVERTIBLE SIDEKICK JEEP SUV TOWING RARE for sale: photos, technical specifications, description
Seems they are all available out of Tynal North Carolina so perhaps some other Tracker/Sidekick enthusiasts might enjoy looking over some of these... note keep scrolling down past the initial ad and you will start to see other Tracker/Sidekicks not only from Tynal but from around the country. Yup Turboguzzi the prices reflected that folks are looking (and paying top dollar) for older Tracker/Sidekicks!
So I did end up finding my next RV 'Toad' and bought it yesterday (It was cheaper than buying a like conditioned Tracker). Picked up a 2006 John Cooper Works Mini (sorta rare car) with manual 6 Speed, Supercharger along with upgraded suspension and other add-ons. Guy had owned it 8 years and just bought a new Mini, has all the maintenance records for the 06, just a fraction over 100k miles. Drives like a go-kart with two doors. Now to out fit it with a tow package, already found a Blue Ox setup on Craigslist locally. Will install it myself.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice choice congratulations. Can it like my MR2 Spyder be towed flat with no modification?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it can be flat towed as long it is a manual trans. This Mini is a 6 spd manual. We see them on the rod all the time so have been able to ask Mini owners about their Toad. Pick it up this evening and stopping by on the way home to pick up a Blue Ox tow apparatus I found on Craigslist.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm rethinking the X-90 and using the Spyder as a toad instead. But first I have to convince my wife she doesn't hate it. I could likely turn it into a mini pretty easy....
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Just got done with some body work and painting it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts